Ph.D. Student in Seismology
Earth System Science (ESS) –
Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP)
Institute of Earth Sciences (IES), Academia Sinica &
College of Earth Sciences (CES), National Central University
Taiwan (Republic of China)
[About Me] [Formal CV] [Twitter: @SianiparDimas]
also affiliated with: Program Studi D-IV Geofisika, Sekolah Tinggi Meteorologi Klimatologi dan Geofisika (STMKG) – Agency for Meteorology, Climatology, and Geophysics of the Republic of Indonesia (BMKG)
Research Interest: Observational earthquake seismology; earthquake nucleation and triggering
(2) Ye L., H. Kanamori, L. Rivera, Y. Zhou, D. Sianipar and K. Satake (2020), The 22 December 2018 tsunami from flank collapse of Anak Krakatau volcano during eruption, Science Advances, Vol. 6, no. 3, eaaz1377, doi: 10.1126/sciadv.aaz1377.
(1) Bansal, A. R., Yao, D., Peng, Z., and Sianipar, D. ( 2016), Isolated regions of remote triggering in South/Southeast Asia following the 2012 Mw 8.6 Indian Ocean earthquake, Geophys. Res. Lett., 43, 10,654– 10,662, doi:10.1002/2016GL069955.
My update and news:
2020-03-25: I passed the written section of my Ph.D. qualifying exam.
2020-03-19: EGU 2020 – cancelled
2020-02-21: 36th IGC India – postponed
2019-09-01: I participate in the 2019 ICTP Advanced Workshop on Earthquake Fault Mechanics: Theory, Simulation, and Observations in Trieste, Italy (Site) (Click here to access the course programs, slides, and tutorials)
2019-05-07: I am working on a research manuscript.
2019-02-18: Start my 4th semester (spring) for just one seminar class (Site). I am working on a research manuscript.
2018-10-01: I participate in the 2018 training course on earthquake hazard and risk assessment in East Asia (1st – 5th October 2018 in Academia Sinica, Taipei) (Info)
2018-09-10: I start my 3rd semester (fall) coursework as TIGP AS-NCU Ph.D. student. I take several elective courses and one seminar class! (Site)
2018-08-29: I advanced to Ph.D. student level in NCU under the TIGP AS-NCU program.
2018-05-02: I contribute an oral presentation at the 2018 Taiwan Geosciences Assembly (TGA) (2nd-3rd May in CCU Chiayi) (Site)
2018-02-18: Start my 2nd semester (spring) coursework with several courses and one seminar class. (Site)
2017-09-11: I start first as a Master student in Geophysics. First class begins! Fall semester. Several courses and one seminar class. (Site)
2017-08-28: I arrive in Taiwan for the first time to pursue a Ph.D. in seismology at the TIGP-ESS program. (Site)
March 2017. I moved to STMKG (BMKG).
September 2016. I finished my undergraduate study and got my Bachelor degree.
April 2016. I contributed a poster presentation at the 2016 SSA Annual Meeting, Reno, Nevada, USA.
October 2015. I contributed an oral presentation at the 2015 Eastern Section of SSA Annual Meeting, Memphis, TN, USA.
June 2015. I contributed a poster presentation at the 2015 CTBT SnT Conference, Vienna, Austria.
April 2015. I contributed a poster presentation at the 2015 EGU General Assembly, Vienna, Austria
Recent seismicity in Indonesia region (Updated 22 August 2019):-> [Download Pdf file]
Current ‘significant’ earthquake in Indonesia:
– Seismicity in West Java 1 January 2019 to 16 February 2020 (Click here).
– The 25 September 2019 Mw 6.5 Ambon earthquake: (Click here to download our article about this earthquake in Indonesian language)
– Earthquake sequence near Bogor, West Java in August 2019.– The 2 August 2019 Mw 6.9 earthquake located near Sunda Strait, Southwestern Java. Here I compute the finite fault model by using teleseismic waveform. The earthquake produced anomalous large ground motion and had deficiency of aftershocks productivity.– The 16 July 2019 Mw 5.8 earthquake in the southwest of Bali Island, Indonesia.– The 14 July 2019 Mw 7.2 earthquake in the Halmahera Island.